Subject: Re: FLASH: tiny font size
From: Mary Brzys
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:16:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Maraya,

As the rule goes, text below 6 points is a strain to read!

Try bold text, and streach the kerning between the letters, this
should help you. This is the letter space pulldown menu, try it at the
1 point letter spacing with the Kerning box checked on. Also don't
break apart your letters, you're a making a huge file. If you leave it
as a text block, the projected file will read it as a text block, not
individual vectored objects. Besides it will look a lot cleaner when
projected into a swf file. mbrzys

---Maraya Cornell <marayaatupshot [dot] com> wrote:

> I need to use type of about 5 point in Ariel, white text on a dark
blue
> gradient. (Ahh!) What is the best way to make this legible? I tried
creating
> the text in 5 point, then I tried creating it larger and scaling it
down,
> and then I tried creating the text in a larger font, breaking it
apart,
> grouping it and then scaling it down. This last way worked the best.
Does
> anyone have other suggestions? Is there any way to tell Flash to not
> anti-alias certain text?
>
> Thanks,
> Maraya

==