Subject: Re: FLASH: RE: Drag and Drop
From: mingo
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 02:22:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Sorry if I'm wrong..but if the Server MIME is not set, why I can still view
it on my browser (the mouse over effect on the globe)?? shouldn't it affect
every visitors ??

adios,
mingo

At 02:47 PM 11/24/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >First the MIME is NOT set on this server. This is rude to many of us
>> >because it can waste our time and/or crash our browsers.
>>
>> I'm sorry you consider me rude, but...
>>
>> A.) I'm not the Sys-Admin for this web site
>> B.) After 3 years of running Flash3, Flash2, Future Splash and Cel
>> Animator on this server this is the first time anyone has ever
>> complained of problems that I'm aware of.
>>
>> Since you feel so strongly about it, I would recomend you e-mail Kate
>> Palenscar at webmasteratgulf [dot] net and take the issue up with her.
>>

>Hiya Adam,
>
>Even though the original poster made it blatently clear maybe even a little
>impolite
>about the MIME not being set, it is still your responsibilty to contact your
>administrator
>and have them set the MIME type for Netscape browsers. If not, your viewers
>with have problems viewing your site even though they've taken the time to
>DL the plug-in and view your work. More and more FLashers need to be aware
>of this simple
>solution. If not, viewers to these sites(the general public) will think that
>Flash is a hassle or doesnt always work properly. If that reputation is
>built up, we all suffer. Its a simple solution that will ensure the access
>to your site for everyone. Your Admin, should set this for you with no
>problem.
>
>-DG-

[Makeup] - What we spend two hours putting on to achieve
the "natural look".

~ Mrs Webster's Dictionary

Welcome to ah mingo digital garden
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~mingo