Subject: FLASH: Super-Fast import of Bitmaps
From: Lincoln Barbour
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:38:50 GMT

Okay, so you know how sometimes you want to bring a picture into flash. Normally for best results, I would save the picture as a bitmap in Photoshop, then import it into Flash, thus creating an original, a bitmap, and a flash symbol. Lots of wasted space and time.

Well, if you import an image (no matter what format) into Fireworks, then copy it, then go into Flash and paste it, VIOLA! instant bitmap in Flash! Another bonus to this is: add a drop shadow to the imported picture in fireworks, copy and paste that into Flash and the drop shadow will blend with the background perfectly!

Sorry about all the !!! I'm just psyched to learn something new.

:]

Lincoln Barbour
Director of Creative Services

Genesis Studios