Subject: RE: FLASH: Printing CMYK output from Flash -- hello?
From: Eric Todd
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:33:58 GMT

Rasterizing the image in Photoshop doesn't solve the RGB to CYMK problem.
In fact, now that I know that you are doing large format, you really
should talk to the place you are going to have output the file. Some of
the large format printers don't exactly use CMYK. If I were a betting man
I would bet that whoever prints the thing out for you will change your
files so they will work right on thier equipment.

When it comes to printing, always talk to your printer.

>Thanks Dorian, Eric.
>
>>I have had a great deal of success exporting from Flash as a
>>bmp file (as long as you remember to set the resolution of the export to
>>300 ppi) and set the size and color depth correctly. Then open in
>>Photoshop and print from there.
>> If you need it to be vector because you want to increase the size of
>>the printed image, the raster route could still work, because you can
>>increase the size of the image on export as well by exporting at a
>>higher than needed number of pixels per inch.
>
>I think I'm going to try the route Dorian has suggested--I've seen good
>results before from printing screenshots of Flash objects that were
>converted in Photoshop. The PMS match is possible but impractical because of
>the number of gradients etc in the artwork. The only wrinkle is that the
>image needs to be blown up to create a large-format print--about 6 feet
>tall.
>
>Thanks for the responses. I'll let you know how it works.
>
>Curtis

flasher is generously supported by...