Subject: FLASH: Variables contained in MCs
From: Moseley, Bryan
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:18:46 GMT

I need to reference a variable contained in a movie clip from another movie clip...something like:

    Set Variable: "Variable1"=/ClipA:Variable2

I can't seem to get it to read the variable from the other clip. I know my tell target path is correct because I can control the other clip...I just can't read a variable. What is the correct syntax or am I just going about it all the wrong way?

Bryan Moseley
Analyst - Knowledge Management
Kurt Salmon Associates