Subject: FLASH: Fill Flash "Grid" (variables) from ASP?
From: DeJarnett, Gary
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:24:41 GMT

I'm able to pass data to and from my SQL Server database into my Flash
movie. I have now defined a "grid" on my screen to hold timesheet data and
want to fill in this grid from my database. The variables in my grid are
named by row number (like Description1, Description2, etc...) and I would
like set up a loop on my active server page to loop through the recordset
and fill in the data appropriately. My problem is in figuring out how to
code my loop so that variables and their values get passed back to Flash in
the proper format (&description1="first description"...) by incrementing the
number at the "end" of the variable name.
Is anyone else doing anything like this at all? Could you give me an
example using a piece of your VBScript? This might appear to be an active
server page question, but it has a different twist to it due to the way that
variables must be passed back to Flash.
Thanks,

Gary DeJarnett (dejarnettatttu [dot] edu
<dejarnettatttu [dot] edu (mailto:dejarnettatttu [dot] edu)> )

ps I'm also trying to think of any neat things to do with a short Flash
animation when building the lines of the grid on the page, in case anyone
has any ideas. I thought about making the lines "whirl around" before
lining up on the grid, but that would be beyond my current Flash skills.

flasher is generously supported by...