Subject: re: FLASH: newbie questions - generate size report
From: Chris Tifer
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:05:16 GMT

Generate a size report in your publish settings. It will detail exactly how
many bytes each frames contain so you can see exactly where the big hits are
coming from, file-size-wise...

For instance, I used it this morning to learn something very important...
Someone on this list mentioned to use "Paste Special" when pasting, so I
tried a test. I pasted a simple gradient from Photoshop, I then "Paste
Special" using "Device Independent Bitmap" and then I "Paste Special" using
Adobe Photoshop image. I was shocked to see the first two pastes over 3 or
4k, while the last one (Paste Special - Adobe Photoshop Image) was a mere 64
bytes.

Can someone maybe tell me if using Paste Special - Adobe Photoshop Image
will prevent it from loading on someone else's machine that doesn't have
Photoshop (I wouldn't think it would)?

Thanks,

Chris Tifer