Subject: RE: FLASH: HELP . . . Need ASP to Launch Window with Variables
From: James Jack
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:06:25 GMT

Hi Folks . . been workin on this for 12 hours straight, and I cannot,
for the life of me, solve this one!

I need my simple ASP page to launch a window with varables similar to
what we always do when we launch windows with javascript from flash . .
specifically specifying size and positioning . . . . yadda yadda.

Here's the Application for which I need it:

Basically the users enter their address & zip code in flash and hits
"get directions". This calls an asp page that looks at the variables in
flash and then exercises a string of code pointed toward yahoo's map and
directions.
With the code Im using now, a Yahoo window indeed opens up and even with
the right directions to the predetermined location if you can believe
that! But, sadly, it opens the window in a 'half hazard' when I need it
rather, to open with specific positioning and size . . . yadda yadda.

my asp code is simple, looks like this:

<%

newaddr = Request.QueryString("newaddr")
newcsz = Request.QueryString("newcsz")

Response.Redirect
("http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&doit=1&newname=&newdesc
=&newaddr=" & newaddr & "&newcsz=" & newcsz &
"&newtaddr=2223+9th+Ave.&newtcsz=Seattle%2C+WA+98121&Get%A0Directions=Ge
t+Directions")

%>

Im just doing a get URL on this asp page from flash.

Here's the problem with it though: "Response.Direct" will not allow me
to position the opening window like we usually do in window.open with
javascripts. =(

So . . . what do I do . . could I be sending these two varables (street
and zip) from flash in a long string to a Javascript that positions the
window right for me and avoid asp all together? If so, how in the heck
. . Ive tried everything! OR, is there just some way to do this within
the asp like I originally planned? Am I doing this all the hard way?

Sure would appreciate any pointers if someone out there knows the answer
to this one. Thanx a million.

~SapceJimmy

flasher is generously supported by...