Subject: RE: FLASH:Is it possible to call an image into flash? was "The Point of Generator"
From: James Jack
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:54:22 GMT

I have a question which may be the answer to a post from yesterday. Is
it possible to call an image from a database and have it appear in your
flash moive without Generator? I can get text yes and pass complicated
URLs to scripts and so forth but is there any way to retrieve a graphic
file? I cant think of how it would be done . . which means I may be
limited to a pop up window unless I seall out big bucks for Generator.
Any ideas or comments? Thanx.

~spacejimmy

>Just a quick general question here regarding Generator and Flash 4 What
justifies the full price of Generator - an almost
>astronomical value for a small web dev company - when Flash 4 supports
>URL. If anyone has any legit and very strong points - which can crush
the price of generator - then please id love to hear
>them because we are coping fine by using ASP generated text files and
URLData to implement content changing flash movies.

>thanks

>Paul Watson

flasher is generously supported by...