Subject: Re: FLASH: Help
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 23:46:39 +0100

At 12:55 PM 10/20/98, Garret Parsons2 wrote:
>I was working on a file for about an hour saving often, when I get a city
>wide black out for 10 minutes. After the power is back on I restart my Mac
>and open the .fla file and yep you guessed it its toast. It seams like Flash
>puts the whole file in memory and doesn't save a temp file.

I'm sorry you lost your work. I've lost plenty of files myself, over the years.

One tip that might help: Do a "Save As" after every major milestone in the
work. I'll often "Save" every 5-10 minutes, and then "Save As" every hour
or so. I'll usually put a "1-2-3" type of identifier after the name of a
file, to make it easy to track versions. This gives me something to go back
to should a file get chewed.

Also be sure to "Save As" to a different hard drive every day or so, as
well. They say that the only people who haven't lost hard drives are those
who will, and so keeping copies spread among multiple drives is a good
practice.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/