Subject: RE: FLASH: Communicating about adding Flash to apps
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:31:59 +0100

I too am using Flash for anything BUT the web right now, at least at work ;-)

I am in the process of developing a CD demonstration for a new application being developed by my office. The purpose of the demo is to get the field offices excited about this new app by showing them how wonderful a GUI can be (the new application is replacing a DOS-based application). We're also trying to get them pumped up about the upcoming web-based training that we're going to be doing. Unfortunately, we won't be able to use Flash for that part of the project because they don't have the $$ for licensing the plug-in, so more than 75% of the field offices wouldn't be able to get it (all offices are on the intranet, but only a few have access to the internet). It seems that the federal government doesn't fall under Macromedia's non-profit policy *grin*

I've also been showing off my use of Flash to some friends at a nearby ISP. One of them develops the CDs that are sent out to customers for installation and such, and he's seriously considering adding Flash to them (replacing the current BMPs and interfaces).

Just my 2 cents :)

Chrissy Rey
"Technical Writer"
US Trustee Program