Subject: Re: FLASH: MM's Flash 4 wish list
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:40:37 +0100

Flash wishes huh? I got a good one for the techology industry...how about a UNIX PLAYER!!!!!!

I have a friend who is the driving force behind Squeak, an alternative platform. They have a shockwave player that only took a month to develop. Why can't Macromedia make one for Unix??? Either that or bring out Aftershock 3.0. We need to be able to let EVERYONE see what we create. As it is, the java is terribly slow and that is the only way our Unix customers can view our Flash quick start guides.

Mi dos pesos
Rusty

At 12:30 PM 10/22/98 -0400, Tommy D'Aquino wrote:
>If I can add a few wishes...
>
>I'd like to have more navigational control within the authoring environment.
>Surely Macromedia already has the code to implement things that are already
>in some of their other products, such as...
>
>a flyout list of labels (like Director's Markers flyout)
> so that one can quickly jump to any given label and have it centered in
>the timeline.
>
>The ability to jump to previous of next (visible) keyframe (a feature found
>in most 3D packages, as well as in Director)
>
>The ability to hide (or shy) layer's from the timeline layout window
> (this one's from AfterEffects) This feature wouldn't be like the Hidden
>layer option,
> this feature would keep all of the current layer's properties,
> but would enable it to be invisible from the timeLayout window so that
>items that
> may be several layers away from each other may be visible within the
>layout
> window at the same time. This is often important when trying to align
>items to
> certain labels that may appear on one layer and not another.
>
>Also, it'd be real nice to have a keyboard shortcut (single key preferably)
>to choose Scale and Rotate from the Arrow tool.
>
>If any of these features are currently available and I just haven't found
>them, please let me know.
>
>Thanks,
>
>TommyDAQ

Check out this url: <http://www.lostgen.com>http://www.lostgen.com
Rusty Worden
Webmaster
Cisco Systems
408-527-7587

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the
passengers in his car.