Subject: FLASH: Flash text handling isnt up to par.
From: David Gary
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 07:01:28 GMT

HIya FLashers,

Any vector animation, Ive done has been with Flash, however Ive been testing a
couple of this and in doing so created a column with about a hundred
scentences.
First of all the column by itself scoped a whooping 60 kb as swf! Also I found
that
Flash handles text like a kid with a double scoop ice cream cone on a hot day.
If I move text out of the "view" screen in the symbol library it jumbles itself
together.

Because of this you cannot make long animated columns of text with FLash.

Does anyone know why the file sizes are so large with Flash text compared to
regular HTML? Also does anyone know why FLash wont keep track of text moved off
the screen? If I have a sentence longer than the viewing screen, Flash bunches
it together.

Also does Flash have margin setting?

Anybody have any insight?

-DG-