Subject: Re: FLASH: quality of imported images
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 02:49:24 GMT

Hi Alice,

> - what image format is the best to import into a flash movie
A vector image (.ai, .eps or .wmf).
If a bitmap image is imported it should be in a lossless format such as
.bmp.
Generally it is not a good idea to import in a lossy format such as .jpg
since this is not best quality and it is likely that unwanted artifacts
will be created when Flash exports the image in its jpeg format thus
compressing it with losses twice. Use or create originals not in a lossy
format such as .jpg.

> - and if I import e.g. a jpg or a gif, why do they not appear just like
> the originals?
Flash has a jpeg setting that can be set from 0-100 with 100 being the
best quality jpeg compression that Flash can export. The image quality
can be set individually as well as setting the image to use a lossless
export. Go to the Library and select properties for the individual
bitmap.

> http://www.svcc.edu/~drobnaa/flash-test/

The MIME for FLASH (.swf) is not set on your server.
SEE http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Server

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/