Subject: FLASH: Relative links & GetURL: Huge Problem?
From: Chris Wiggins
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:22:23 GMT

My Problem: Relative links don't work accross platforms even if BASE
attribute is set.

I'm working on an intranet with flash navigation which uses GetURL to for
all the flash nav buttons. I *really* want to use relative links if at
all possible. I'm aware that relative links can behave unpredictably if
the BASE attribute is not used as part of the EMBEDs but we are using it
as described on
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/tn4157.html. The
links work properly only on the PC which is unacceptable.

Has anyone spent enough time with the vexing relative-links-in-flash
issue to have some valuable insights?

Any information on this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.