Subject: RE: FLASH: UnGroup vs. Break Apart ???
From: Bernardo Antunes
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:06:46 GMT

(Dont look to my realy bad english, if you want to correct me, go for
it)

Hi,

I believe that these are two complete diferent things.

Group:
It groups two (or more) objects so that you can move, modify,
all at the same time, so when you UnGroup them, they will return to
their initial state (The tranformations that you have done mantains, but
they still are what they are, a symbol is still a symbol and so on).

Break Apart:
It realy break the object apart, supose that you have a Object
Like a Graphic, you cannot realy edit it, but just apply some effects to
it, when you break apart, you will tranform the object in the lines and
other things, like when you created it before made it a symbol, for
instance, if you have text, and make ungroup I think it wont ungroup
athing, but if you break apart, you can make what ever you want to thak
drawing.

PS: Dont forget, that you should only group thing when you cannot make
it a symbol.
and
PS: Only break apart when you really have to, because, supose that you
have a symbol many times in your movie, it only ocuppies one Instance of
it in your SWF, but when you break it apart, it is like if you have just
drawn it, and it is a completly different drawing.

Big PS: I hope not to have been too confusing, because It is a little
dificult to explain the diference between two completly distinct things,
it is best to you to give the defenition of one and the other separatly,
so that they can see the real diferences (almost all) between them.

Bernardo Antunes
bantunesatmidialog [dot] pt (mailto:bantunesatmidialog [dot] pt)