Subject: Re: FLASH: transparent symbols?
From: David Gary
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:42:06 GMT

Unger, Russell wrote:

> I tried the below...and I'm still having problems.
>
> Perhaps I misinterpreted what you stated previously--I've saved as a PNG
> formate of my GIF file...now I need to ensure that a corner of the image
> doesn't stand out over the rest of the background and other images.
>
> Is there any assistance you can offer on this?
>
> Russell E. Unger

Hiya Russell,

SOrry I didnt catch this thread from the begining, but If I where you I wouldnt
get in
the habit of using png. Unless your image has real blurry or unfocused edges.
png will drastically increase your file size since it also imports the alpha
channel.

If the image has fairly clean edges, break it apart, draw a good outline around
it(smooth tool), select and delete the backgound.

Again Im catching the tail end of this thread, but I do know that png is a swf
killer.

-DG-