Subject: Re: FLASH: load movie question(was flash within flash)
From: Danny Wilson
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:52:52 +0100

John Croteau wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> Create a version of your smaller version with a height and width the
> same as your larger movie, position it in that new canvas then use load
> movie as normal.
>
> In Flash 4 you could use Load into Target.

I'm using Flash 4 so I'm trying to use the second option.

A couple of things I'm not sure about, I created a target of the same
dimensions as the smaller movie I want to play, and then scaled it so
that this scaling would be passed onto the movie.

Now, I'm noticing two things happen so far:

1. when I load the movie into my rectangle target, the upper left corner
of the movie is placed at the center of the target. Kind of strange, is
this right?, for the moment I have just been moving the target so that
the movie ends up where I want it.

2. objects in the loaded movie run outside its normal frame/window. I
have got around this by using a layer mask. Again, I'm not sure if this
is what I should expect or not.

are there any examples or tutorials out there on this, so far I've only
really done straight animation type stuff, and all these levels and
targets etc. are getting me a bit confused.

flasher is generously supported by...