Subject: Re: FLASH: Can this be done?
From: Brian
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:41:49 +0100

Well, I went and performed a test on adding Flash animation to a QT movie,
and you know what? It worked.
All I did was make sure the frame count in Flash was the same as the QT
movie, imported the movie, put it in its own layer, and when you scrub the
playback head you can see the individual frames in the movie and know pretty
much exactly where to place the animated Flash stuff.

I did, however, encounter something that begs explanation: The QT movie had
two tracks of audio. When we exported the QT from Flash, the audio tracks
were, how should I put it... goofed up. One track has a speaking part, and
then afterwards there is a sound effect on a second track, which in the QT
movie itself plays back all hunky-dory... however, the second track with the
sound effect - which doesn't come in until after the speaking part is done -
has an empty (no sound data) section while the voice track played. In the
exported QT movie BOTH sound channels played at the same time, which was
absolutely incorrect. What in the heck did Flash do with all the empty
section at the beginning of the second track?!? It just did away with it!!
What is THAT all about?

-Brian Matthews
http://www.stonetrek.com

> You might want to use a dhtml layer containing the Flash and embed the
> Quicktime in an html page underneath. The only difficulty would be that
you
> could not really synchronize the animation with the Quicktime. If you
want
> to import the video into Flash, you could get really huge file sizes. It
> depends on how long the video is.

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list