Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: Site Check please
From: PSWoods
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:31:25 GMT

Moto:

PC - Win98.

On loading:
> Hmm. you think it's better to load the other animations while you play the
> others? I will appreciate if any of you can give me your inputs.

yeah. that's what i meant. maybe it's that you have your preloader
animation cycle once even if the movie (or scene or however you have it
broken up) is loaded. if that's the case, never mind. the loading animations
are great. i was just thinking about loading time for people on dial-up.

on detection:
check out one of these three thingy's for detection:
MM Flash Deployment Kit http://macromedia.com/exchange free
Colin Moock's "FPI" http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/detection/moockfpi/
requires link to moock.org
Browser Hawk - http://www.browserhawk.com - about a hundred bucks. - i just
started looking at this one - it's a server app written in Java that serves
custom content based on browser, plugins, platform, etc. etc. etc... -might
be overkill for Qrime.

There are ways around the Mac/IE <= 4 thing; and each of these address this
issue.
There is more than one way (while you are musing on the origins of
indiscriminate violence) to skin a cat.

I love this piece of art. Thanks for making it.

Woods