Subject: FLASH: Stand-alone projector and Opening HTML files
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:24:31 +0100

I am making a CD demo using Flash (because we'd bought it and then learned that we couldn't freely distribute the plug-in on our Intranet, but I HAD to use it!). The demo basically a series of movies that each have their own executable in a single directory. I figured out how to get each executable to open when it needs to, but now I'm stuck on something else! I need to be able to open an HTML file from one of these movies. I tried GET URL, but it didn't seem to want to work - does it only work if the browser is already open and the movie is playing in it? I also tried using an FS Command to open the HTML file, but that didn't work either :-(

Does anyone know a way to do this? Please please please say there is a way :-)

Thanks,
Chrissy Rey