Subject: Re: FLASH: Please check these interactive maps
From: Willem van den Goorbergh
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:34:53 +0100

>Hi,
>
>Please visit this site and send comments. Not all the maps are fully
>Interactive yet but please check the Island of Tenerife and then Las
>Americas or El M�dano.
>
>http://www.canary-guide.com/maps
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Eric

Hi eric,
I liked your maps very much. They show how cartograpic information can be
delivered 'on demand', and very fast (on a 28k8 modem) too.
One comment:
On the 'americas' map, moving into a legend box accentuates the location of
that feature with an expanding faint yellow circle. I think the way you
accentuate the golf courses on the tenerife map (by enlarging them) has
much more impact.
But I guess the theory about readers perception and flash animation is just
barely in it's infanthood ;-)
Keep up the flashy cartography,
Willem

Willem van den Goorbergh is co-owner of Geografiek,
an Amsterdam-based map and chart design company.
I can be contacted by telephone: (+31)20-6241581 or (+31)30-2710413
or by telefax: (+31)20-6234761 or (+31)30-2719512
business email adress: geografiekatgeografiek [dot] nl
personal email adress: willematgeografiek [dot] nl
Visit our internet site at: http://www.geografiek.nl (site is in Dutch)