Subject: Re: FLASH: New browser window
From: brad merritt
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:23:03 +0100

At 09:04 AM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
> I know I've seen a few inquiries about this before, but I haven't seen
>the solution posted on the list. How do you specify the size,
>scrolling...etc, of a new browser window from a link within a flash movie??
>Can someone post "all" the code please??
>
>Also, Is it possible to have a "mailto:..." in flash??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Christine Pillsbury

Okay this is what you do. Go to
http://www.cryogen.com/theseus
1. click on the enter button and you go to my main page
2. you just gave me a hit! :)
3. Kidding, look at the top portion of the javascript. That is what you
need, feel free to copy it. Put it on you swf html page.
4. In you flash movie when you want to open a window put the GET URL
action. In the GET URL window put
javascript:BM_openBrWindow("yourmovie.swf",'title','width=youwidth",height=y
ourheight')
you can modify the script if you want to control the placement of the
window and what not. Leave the "window" area empty. (Notice I did not say
blank)

I tell you, what I did is made an open window action in Dreamweaver and
then modified the code, so if you want everly attribute available just make
an action with all the attributes and then modify it. I am no javascripter,
but this works for me. And yes you can have a maito: in FLash.