Subject: FLASH: Tables and Cells and Flash Movies
From: Kevin Harper
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:48:06 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to this. I've just created my first flash site for a client
which includes four complex animated pop-menus.

The site has to include photographic images and logos, which I don't
want any distortion on. However I wanted the surrounding design to
expand with the browser. So I built the page in a table set to 100%
with certain cells set to 100% with left and right alignment where
necessary. I made one central cell (the body of the page) set to 100%
to include the Flash movie of the pop-menus. If I set the flash movie
to its actual pixel dimensions the page works fine, but stays static.
What I would like to do is set the Flash movie to 100% placed within
this cell also set to 100% and have it expand as the browser window
does. When I try to do this, all graphics load except the Flash movie, I
just get a blank screen.

Question: Is it possible to have Flash movies set to 100% placed with a
cell within a table? Or does it have to be placed in a Frame or on a
page by itself?

Kevin Harper
Graphics Evangelist
Onyx Interactive