Subject: FLASH: Setting variables...
From: Vince French
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:49:12 +0100

Hey flashers...

I'm having a problem with variables and was wondering if anyone could
help me out. Here's the code that doesn't work (everything works
except setting the SCORE variable).

On (Press)
Stop Drag

If (GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) <= 200 and
GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) >= 85)
Set Variable: "Score" = Score + 50
Begin Tell Target ("/Nail1")
Go to and Stop (1)
End Tell Target

Else If (GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) <= 400 and
GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) >= 285)
Set Variable: "Score" = Score + 50
Begin Tell Target ("/Nail2")
Go to and Stop (1)
End Tell Target

Else If (GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) <= 600 and
GetProperty ("/Hammer", _x ) >= 485)
Set Variable: "Score" = Score + 50
Begin Tell Target ("/Nail3")
Go to and Stop (1)
End Tell Target
End If
End On

Now, everything else works except incrementing the score. I have a
text field called 'Score' and I tested some code in a seperate button,
and it works fine. Here's the code I put in the test button.

On (Press)
Set Variable: "Score" = Score + 50
End On

That works fine. Any reason why it wouldn't work in my other code?

Vince