Subject: FLASH: Multiple FSCommand parameters
From: Brian McHarg
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 19:31:46 +0100

Is it possible to pass more than one parameter on an fscommand (or perhaps,
parse the string of parameters that is passed to javascript).

Allow me to make this a bit clearer ...

I have a piece of javascript which opens a new window containing an html
file. The script takes three parameters - URL, window height and window
width). The code is as follows :

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
function launcher (wfile,whgt,wwdt) {
File=window.open (wfile,"","status=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,
resizable=yes, channelmode=no, screenX=0, left=0, screenY=0, top=0,
dependent=1 width="+whgt+", height="+wwdt, wfile);
}
</SCRIPT>

When I launch this from within an HTML page, the link <A
HREF="javascript:launcher('test.htm',250,250) works fine.

All I want to do is replicate this functionality with a Flash button. The
way I see it, I either pass the three parameters from the flash movie in the
form FSCommand(command,arg1,arg2,arg3), or I pass it as
FSCommand(command,args) and then use Javascript (somehow!) to spilt the one
arg into three to then pass it on to another routine. I have very very
little Javascript experience as to how to do this, so any help would be much
appreciated.

TIA.

Brian McHarg

Walker Martyn Software Ltd
1 Park Circus Place, Glasgow, G3 6AH Scotland
Tel +44 (0) 141 332 7999 Fax +44 (0) 141 331 2820
Email brianatwalkermartyn [dot] co [dot] uk
Web Site http://www.walkermartyn.co.uk