Subject: Re: FLASH: Animation while movie loads
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:52:56 +0100

---Mark Pysher <pysheratsirius [dot] com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's a simple question:
>
> How do you define a "please be patient while the
movie loads" clip that
> plays while the rest of the file is loading?
>
> Do you make the "loading movie" clip the first
scene? and the rest of the
> movie the next?

Hundred ways to skin a cat, but this is the easiest
(in my opinion). Create a movie clip that says
"please be patient while the movie loads" or whatever
and put that movie clip in the first frame. Put a "if
frame is loaded" action in the first frame and
specify what frame you want to make the movie wait
for (i.e. the last frame or whatever, also make sure
you tell it what frame to go to when it has loaded
that frame (I use labels, not frames, more
reliable)). Then put an action in the second frame of
the movie that says goto frame 1 and you are cooking.
The main movie will loop until the frame you
specified has loaded and when it has loaded, it'll go
there.

Of course you'll probably get better advise than
mine, but I just wanted to feel like I contributed
something to the list. :-)

===
Paul Hagwood
Web Design and Multimedia