Subject: RE: FLASH: A Variety of Questions
From: James Mansfield
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:08:01 +0100

Title: RE: FLASH: A Variety of Questions

I can help with question 1 Rachel but not sure re others questins.
Yes you can create an empty text field in Flash and then, via an external text file, upload text into this field. First you have to name the text field in flash.

ie name it text1
then create the external text file and save it as what ever you want. Lets call it external.txt for now.
Now within that text file you have a line saying text1=goony goo goo and what that does is, when prompted uploads the goony goo goo text into the text field text1 within th flash document.

The prompt to upload the text can either be a button or a script on one of the frames within flash. Use the Load/Unload movie script to read:

Load variables (external.txt",0)

Good luck
James