Subject: Re: FLASH: Printing Flash pages? (MACR???)
From: Michael Penne
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:27:38 +0100

Actually, the answer is simple. _Any_ browser except MSIE 5.0 will
simply print the frame you are currently displaying. MSIE 5 prints the
first frame of the first movie and that is it.

For instance go to
http://www.humboldt.edu/~ac/index2.html with NS4.5, 4.08, MSIE 4.x,
etc. and you can print the menu page (_and_ the subsequent .swfs!).

It is a problem I have had with MSIE 5 since it came out, reported on
this list, and recieved a slew of 'you can't print from a browser
because of Flash nonsense from some and apparent unconcern from those
who one woould expect would care'. It is clearly a new problem with
MSIE 5.0, and alarming that so many seem to be assuming that this is
simply the way it is and has always been...

--- Marcel de Jong <MarcelatDSDelft [dot] nl> wrote:
> > You will also find that you cannot bookmark a
> specific part of the movie
> > either, the browser only looks at the Flash
> content as an image, just the
> > same as only printing the first frame of a gif
> animation.
>
> Thanks Phil,
>
> But...
>
> there must be someone that can tell me
> how to print a specific frame from a Flash movie?
> (Maybe using javascript or something)
>
> (What does MacroMedia think of this (my) problem?)

That is a very good question, I would like to know as well!

> Regards,
>
> Marcel.

> For info on digest mode send: info flasher to
> list-manageratshocker [dot] com

===
2D/3D/Flash/etc...

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5