Subject: Re: FLASH: A bug in flash 4
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:09:54 +0100

Nigel Randsley-Pena informed us of this issue earlier this week. I haven't
seen any emails from Ricardo Acras to anyone on the team about this issue.

The issue is that certain browser/mail combinations can be forced to send a
mail using the GetURL command with a mailto: as the URL and with the POST
variable. The result is that an email is sent without the user's control.
As with all mailto: functions, it requires that your browser be set up to
automatically run your mail program.

We are revising the plugins and ActiveX control next week and will reissue
them so that a mailto: action will not be possible with a POST. Look for a
new release sometime this next week. Unfortunately this weekend is the
Labor Day holiday here in the US, so we won't be able to address this until
Tuesday at the earliest.

Brad
Flash QA