Subject: Re: FLASH: Actionscript Bugginess
From: mgseeley
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:37:05 +0100

on 9/4/99 10:12 AM Bernard Claydon wrote:

>Hmmm... I think 128 mb ought to be enough especially if only Flash is
>running. Please don't be rude about my memory! It's kosher.

You may have 128mb in your Mac, but how much is allocated to Flash?

Applications on the Mac will not keep taking memory when they need it,
you have to tell them how much to use. Select the application icon and
choose Get Info from the File menu.Then, from the Show menu select
Memory. The Preferred Size factory setting is 10500k with VM and 16143k
without. This is the amount of RAM set aside for Flash when you launch
the application.

Try bumping the preferred size to, say, 240000k. I haven't worked with
Flash long enough to know what the best setting is. It depends on how
complex your Flash files are. I'm sure some power users set there's
closer to 64000k!

MGSeeley