Subject: Re: FLASH: button to start quicktime movie playing? Please help!
From: James Bisset
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:59:42 +0100

At 4:12 am -0500 on 6/9/99, Per Hiller wrote:

>Hi, John !
>
>I tried your *.fla and *.mov - but it does not work on a mac
>on which quicktime 4 was just installed this morning. It�s
>the same problem: it runs very well while developing but not
>as a *.swf.
>
>I would appreciate your help, too !

Flash cannot play Quicktime.

QuickTime 4 can play Flash 3 compatible by importing it into a
special Flash track *within* a QuickTime 4 movie.

Flash 4 editor allows you to composite your Flash and QuickTime
movies before exporting as a QuickTime movie *only*.

Macromedia do have a technology for playing both Flash and QuickTime.
It's called Shockwave.

Please memorize this and pass it on.

Jim

--