Subject: Re: FLASH: Animated (back and forth) buttons
From: lele lele
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:34:00 +0100

>Hi lele lele,
>
> > Does anyone would be so kind to explain me how to create an animated
>button
> > that plays the animation forward when a mouse-over event occurs, and a
>plays
> > the same animation backwards when a roll out event occurs?
> > i'm using flash 4 trial version
>Make a copy of the animation and place it on a new spot on your
>timeline, highlight the frames and use use reverse frames to flip the
>frames around. It the animatioin uses tweens then you may have to redo
>the tweens for reverse.
>----------- -----------------------
>John Croteau croteauaterols [dot] com (mailto:croteauaterols [dot] com)
>------------- -------------------------

I thank you, John, but my problem is slightly different than just reversing
an animation.
I come from threeD graphics and video editing, and i'm well acquainted with
keyframes and revers motion :)
The problem is to assign the new (part) of the animation, placed in the same
timeline of the rollover (Fwd playing) animation, to the rollOut action.
I hope that the only way to do this is not calling another movie placed over
the old one...
To get the thing a bit more clear: i'm asking how to script the action for
resuming an animation placed in a given place in any timeline when a rollout
event occurs...
Hope to have been more clear than the other time...
And thankyou again!