Subject: FLASH: Freehand 8 Import
From: Lincoln Barbour
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:04:08 +0100

Why on earth is it not possible to import Freehand 8 files into Flash?

You can import Adobe Illustrator files (not just .eps but .ai too) but not .fh8 files.

Other than exporting Freehand 8 files as Adobe Illustrator files, is there any other way to get drawings from Freehand into Flash 3 or 4? I've tried saving freehand drawings as .eps and then importing, but it only works half the time.

I just can't believe Macromedia didn't make their own vector program compatible with Flash, BUT made their competitors program extremely compatible. Does this make sense to anyone?

Lincoln Barbour
Director of Creative Services

Genesis Studios