Subject: FLASH: Re: flasher-digest V1 #1640
From: mark
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 05:23:20 +0100

>If I were to
>find a good artist, as you say, that allowed me to use their artwork, and
>their artwork bore a striking (or even mediocre) resemblance to a known
>Warner Bros. character, would I be illegal? Does their copyright extend
>past their own employee's drawings?

Yup, Warner Bros has a pile of lawyers who will issue cease and desist
letters at pretty much a drop of the hat. I'm not sure if it's their
trademark or their copyright their protecting, but they are vigilant and
nasty. As someone who's drawn a pile of Batman stuff for them, you don't
want to mess with these people.

Acme City is their site with free web space where you can use Warners
characters and they won't hassle you.

Mark Badger
www.lemoncustard.com

where The Haunted Man starts and other fine e-comics live!