Subject: FLASH:Serious dragging malfunction
From: Aaron Schurman
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:14:45 +0100

Hello flashers, I am trying to figure out a way of using mouse movement to
control the movement of a layer. In the example I set up, I have a line of
text that is really long (goes of the canvas both sides) and I want to have
this scroll from side to side with respect to the mouse movement. I want it
to move in a mirrored fashion (so if you move your mouse to the right the
text scrolls left and vice versa) and I seem to be running into problems.
Here is the actionscript that I have set up:

If (tracking = 1)
Set Variable: "horizcord" = GetProperty ("/tracker;_x)
If (horizcord >= 275)
Set Property ("/text, X Position) = xmove - 5
Set Variable "xmove" = xmove - 5
Else If (horizcord > 275)
Set Property ("/text, X Position) = xmove + 5
Set Variable "xmove" = xmove + 5
End If
End If

The frame before this said:
Set Variable: "xmove" = 275

What this is I have a document 550 pixels wide, and I am using the center
point of that document to tell whether the text should be moving left or
right. That's why xmove = 275. Now I built this tracker off someone elses
help file on flashcentral and I am not sure if there is any easier way to
build the tracking system. But what it should do is once you pass your
mouse over this large invisible button, it somehow starts the tracker going.
Can anyone please help me figure this out...I am still trying to get a grasp
on this action script stuff...I deeply apologize for being so stupid!!
Please help!
Aaron
(Ask any questions is you need !!)