Subject: RE: FLASH: ASP problems
From: Greg Bueltmann
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:16:21 +0100

The suggestions received have been very helpful and I was suffering from the
common misconception that "Load Variables" only got variables from a file.
I'm close to getting this to work, but still no cigar.

I'm not sure what level I should specify in the location. I have tried 0,
1, and "/." I don't know what "/" does, but I saw it in one of the
examples. My action is as follows...

On (Release)
Load Variables ("survey.asp",0,vars=POST)
Go to and Stop ("Thank you")
End On

I've checked and re-checked all the variables and made sure they are
correctly spelled and that the capitalization matches and I've tested my
.asp script to make sure it works with an HTML form. Still not working.

A couple of questions...

1. Does it matter if I have any HTML attached to my ASP script? To test
using HTML I have been inserting HTML after the script in order to see
results.

2. What does "/" mean in the location level?

3. What else should I look for to figure out why this isn't working?

Many thanks,

Greg