Subject: FLASH: Graphic File bug?
From: Seth Newton
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:17:23 +0100

Hello all,
I've been developing an online demonstration of our software that we've
developed for one of our product lines. For this demo, I've had to take
screen shots of certain elements. I've been saving them as .png files,
since I've heard Flash does best with them. And admittedly, I have tested
out the different formats, and it does seem to hold the best in a Flash
presentation. But here's the deal.
When I throw a .png file into a movie, and test it out, it works perfect
IF I am only using one frame in that layer. However, as soon as I put a
second frame on any layer in the movie (even if it's on a layer other than
the picture I'm trying to keep undistorted), the picture will distort, and
it loses it's original look. So going on that, I figured Ok, I'll just
create a movie with one frame with just that picture in it, and then import
it into the scene I'm working on. That didn't work either. So now it looks
like I'm going to have to live with the bug, unless anyone can give me some
fresh ideas on the problem? And yeah, I've tried this with other file
formats to see if it's just a .png problem, and it's not. I tried it with
.bmp, .gif, and .png.....and the results are all the same. I searched the
technotes, and did a search in past posts, and I'm either stupid and can't
find the answer anywhere, or it's not documented (I'm guessing it's my first
statement, but oh well).

I'm going to continue production, because it is liveable, but it REALLY
takes away from the original quality of the .png file. So if anyone has
some advice, thanks very much for your time, and if not, well
still....thanks.

-Seth.

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list