Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #168
From: Kirsty Race
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:24:52 +0100

<I say "hats off" to The Sun for expanding the market.>

Sean,

In view of the fact that your company is the official sales house for
currantbun.com, you will forgive us if we assume a certain amount of bias
exists in what you say!!

I do agree that it's good that they are trying to expand the market, but I
think the bandwagon approach is short-sighted to a large degree. And why do
they want to exclude other Internet users from reading the online Sun? Or do
they assume that the promise of this unique content will make users sign up,
just so they can get it? Is it intended to be an incentive?

But then perhaps they will be happy with just whoever they manage to grab
from their offline readership.

At any rate, they had better make sure that their content and service levels
are brilliant, or else as soon as their users are out of armbands they'll be
off!

Kirsty Race
Media Planner/Buyer
Walker Media