Subject: Re: UKNM: Silver Surfers
From: Sean Phelan
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:21:37 +0100

Here at Multi Media Mapping we get a lot of traffic - and even more feedback -
from private genealogy researchers, and we tend to get referenced in the
genealogy newsgroups.

The reason is that genealogy researchers use our maps, and most of all our
gazetteers (ie. indexes of placenames) to research family roots. We get
a lot of traffic from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Hong
Kong and other bastions of British emigration coming from retired people
tracing their family roots, showing their grandchildren where they were
born, etc.

Steven: I have a few stats from our ongoing user surveys, which I will
send you offr the list.

Best regards
Sean