Subject: Re: UKNM: Education sector e-mail addresses
From: Chris Locke
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:35:32 +0100

At 06:35 PM 4/14/99 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm sure I've asked this before in a slightly different form... but where
>might I obtain the e-mail addresses of Universities (including specific
>depatments), Libraries, Adult Education Centres, etc. (basically, much of
>the education sector)? Surely this information can be purchased on CD-ROM ?

General contact email addresses will be easy to get, but departmenetal
contacts from any well-organised university will be hard to find, for a
number of reasons:

a) to prevent spam marketing to the 1000s of email addresses on the average
academic system

b) to prevent hate-mail being sent to academics/departments conducting
research some may see as un-ethical

best, Chris.