Subject: RE: UKNM: plug-in take up/stats
From: jim smith
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:57:52 +0100

At 2:20 pm +0100 on 26/4/99 you said:
>On Saturday, April 24, 1999 6:06 PM, Jim Sterne [SMTP:jsterneattargeting [dot] com]
>wrote:
>> At 09:21 AM 4/23/99 , Stefan Magdalinski wrote:
>> >Martin Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> >let's have a competition:
>> >somebody show me a site where flash/shockwave are used to do more than
>> >add fluff.
>> >I'll buy you a pint.
>>
>> How about a specific example. Here's Peppers and Rogers
>> 1 to 1 Checkpoint Tool and you get the choice: with or
>> without Flash.
>>
>> Which is "better"?
>>
>> http://www.1to1.com/tools/ct/default.pl

doesn't work at all with images turned off. ;)

>Wow, this has turned into a rather heated techno-discussion! You could go
>back
>4 or 5 years and say "show me a site where graphics and colour are used to do
>more than add fluff."

that's an entirely specious argument. i think a little re-read of
envisioning information would be good for everyone's heads here.

jim smith - jimatflenser [dot] co [dot] uk - http://www.flenser.co.uk 0961 319040
everything has been said, provided words do not change their meanings or
meanings their words -- alpha 60