Subject: RE: UKNM: plug-in take up/stats
From: Sam Michel
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:53:56 +0100

Whilst I have the over-riding temptation to respond with "hark at her", and
suggest Steve has possibly spent too much time in the sun, I have to admit
I share the same feelings on this one. Coincidentally, there's another list
hosted by Chinwag devoted to Flash, and one for Shockwave. I'd suggest
those as destinations for those who want to get really get into the whole
multimedia thang.

Let's move on...this is a marketing list, so not to kill the frames debate
completely, but bring things away from an aesthetic point of view, don't
frames make your life a misery if you're trying to get your site
spidered/indexed by search engines? Surely, in this forum, that's a far
more important question than how good (or otherwise) the site looks.

Thoughts?

At 15:51 28/04/99 +0000, you wrote:
>This has been the least compelling UKNM debate - no, that word diginifies
>it too much - squabble, since Felix and I filled everyones inboxes with
>nonsense a couple of months back. It has been so bad that I have not been
>compelled to click on one of the suggested urls.
>
>You cannot teach common sense, some people are simply deficient. So can you
>all shut up now, please.
>
>Steve '(self)righteous' Johnston
>www.imrg.org

Toodle Pip