Subject: RE: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Glen Collins
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:10:03 +0100

Gary said, "All the comments that were made could be equally applied to any
business sector"

Agree with most of this, although I think (contraversially, slightly
defending the programme now..!) that it is fair to say that the industry
we're in has a higher than average proportion of business plans floating
around with absolutely no substance and looking for quite ridiculously high
amounts of money with a view of "if you throw enough money at it something
must stick".

Lets face it, it's a journo's / programme makers heaven out that at the
moment so I think we can expect more press of this nature over the coming
months.

I think it's our job - the people on this list who have a genuine belief in
this digital media - to ensure that there are enough real business plans /
businesses out there to prove there is some substance to this industry -
which I whole-heartedly believe.

If this, coupled with the recent (over sensationalised I admit) press about
the share-values 'crashing', means that we will see the emergence of the
'proper' digital companies and the decline in business plans / businesses
with no substance I for one don't think that's such a bad thing.

Glen
__________________________________
Glen Collins
Digital Outlook Communications Ltd
6 Melbray Mews
158 Hurlingham Road
London SW6 3NG
Tel: 020 7348 6610 (direct)
Fax: 020 7348 6601
Mob: 0777 589 4863
Web: www.digital-outlook.com

[Sam says: msg chopped...]

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com