Subject: RE: UKNM: Browsers
From: Sam Michel
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:17:15 +0100

At 05:55 PM 8/3/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any stats on browser usage/percentage breakdown
>by software version or suggest where I could find such information ?

Well, Natasha it's funny that you ask. I put an email out about a week ago
suggesting that if agencies and ISPs (clients allowing) would send me the
average % of browsers across their sites, I would do the maths and work out
a UK browser average, which could then go on the Chinwag site. This would
be handy for everyone building websites and shouldn't compromise any
critical client data.

All organisations involved could be mentioned (those who wanted to be).

However, only 2 people responded...so, anyone else interested? I'm happy to
co-ordinate if you'll make a commitement to send me the numbers on a weekly
basis. Most stats software covers this already, so it only involves one
email a week, which I'll remind you about!

Let me know.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Chinwag - http://www.chinwag.com