Subject: Re: UKNM: longer question re pr
From: Steve Miller
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:05:56 +0100

The press has gone wild about portal sites of late, so when NetNames
announced an agreement with CompuServe, closely followed by MSN about
did a specific story about how Domain Names would be the next revolutionary
'portal enabling tool'. Initially the two stories were unrelated, but when
we realised that there was an 'angle' to be had, we moved the story in that
direction. Whilst luck has a certain element to play, a lot of good stories
come about because there is a moment in time where everyone is talking about
the same thing, but they are looking for a unique angle. We provided that
angle when the time was right - but it probably won't happen again.

Steve

Its Miller Time!
Steve Miller: Marketing Director
NETNAMES * The INTERNATIONAL DOMAIN NAME REGISTRY
Registering Domain Names in over 200 countries

http://www.netnames.co.uk
180-182 Tottenham Court Road
London, W1P 9LE
+44 171 291 3905 (Direct) Mobile: 0467 456787