Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #242
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:03:02 +0100

Marketing - they still have some work to catch up with Marketing Week.

eBay - still highly valued, but dropping every time the servers go down
(they have had over a day's downtime in the last couple of months -
which is suicide for a 'live' auction site!).

BT / Dreamcast - If you look at the last three products that Sega has
produced: 32X, Mega CD and Saturn... it doesn't look too good. Customers
(or ex-customers) don't forget too easily!
Could on-line gaming be their saviour? Problem is that with a low
price-point and loss-leading product - they need to sell games to get
the money back. Trouble is that on-line gamers tend to stick to their
games and Playstation 2 and 'Project Dolphin' are on the way.

BBC - ok - stop the licence fee, get the adverts in (and sponsorship)
and watch it churn millions. After all, some of the ex-public
institutions that we have set out on the commercial paths are now our
trailblazers abroad (BT, British Gas, Electrics firms, Water firms
etc.). It has to be either the licence fee or adverts.
Personally I would prefer to pay �300 p.a. and get no adverts or
interruptions on any channels - but that's just me!