Subject: RE: UKNM: Another one bites the dust
From: Melanie Beech
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:37:24 +0100

My two penn'orth:

IMHO, Clickmango was hardly ahead of its time - for one thing, Thinknatural
got there first, for another their standards of customer service were not
good and for another, in a field where depth of information is critical,
they barely scratched the surface.

These seem to have been a couple of guys who picked up a trend, thought they
had enough net experience to run a retail site (of which neither has any
visible experience) and hoped a daft name would do the rest.

However, they should have checked how many other companies also use the word
Mango as part of their brand, as this would have allowed them to choose
something more distinctive and memorable and, dare I say it, more
appropriate to the market.

Having said that, I liked the look and feel of the site, and the email
newsletters from Joanna Lumley were quite fun -just not enough to make me
shop there twice.

Although it's not in the news as much as the other two, a better site, and
one which offers excellent customer service, is www.nutravida.co.uk. I
suspect that if they'd been given the same funding as Clickmango, the market
would be much more interesting at the mo.

I'll shut up now, or I shall be joining the ranks of the ranters...

Melanie

[Sam says: msg chopped]

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036