Subject: UKNM: End of Spam?
From: Mike Teasdale
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:12:22 +0100

Ironically enough, in amongst the anti-spam tirades on this list I received
a fantastic bit of spam from the arch-demons of this area, an email
list-broker.

I'm sure we'll all be impressed by their list-cleaning processes, which they
describe as follows:

> 1. Cleaned and eliminated all duplicates.
>
> 2. Next, we brought in a filter list of 400+ words/phrases
> to clean even more. No addresses with inappropriate or
> profane wording survived!
>
> 3. Then, a special filter file was used to eliminate the
> "Web Poisoned" e-mail addresses from the list. Our
> EXCLUSIVE system reduced these "poison" addresses to near
> zero. You may have seen CD's with 30, 40, 50 million addresses,
> not only do they contain may undeliverable addresses, but most
> are notorious for millions of these "poisoned" email addresses.
>
> 4. Next we used our private database of thousands of known
> "extremists" and kicked off every one we could find. NOTE:
> We maintain the world's largest list of individuals and
> groups that are opposed to any kind of commercial
> e-marketing... they are gone!

And one of the key benefits of the file is:

> * Less Contact With Anti-Commerce Radicals & Extremists.

So there you have it. Develop a reputation as an "extremist" opposed to
e-marketing and you never need to be spammed again.

Does membership of this list qualify?

Mike

-----------------------------------
Mike Teasdale
E-marketing consultant - answerthink
Email: mteasdaleatanswerthink [dot] com
Web: http://www.answerthink.com
Tel: +44 (020) 7242 3300

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036