Subject: Re: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #115
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:16:37 GMT

From: Nick Sellors <nickatderby [dot] org>

>Wrong!
>
>The main reason that hosting in the US is cheaper is purely and simply
>because of international bandwidth requirements and their associated
>costs. I don't care if you don't believe me, because I know what I'm
>talking about.
>
>>Don't be fooled by all this bandwidth junk!!!
>
>See .sig - I'm paid to know about this stuff.

What? As opposed to being overpaid to keep prices artificially high?

Come on. What's a fair price for a UK ISP service? Ans: Take a quoted price,
halve it, halve it again, and knock off a few thou' for good measure. I'll
bet PSINet UK Ltd charges higher prices than its equivalent operation in the
US. If I'm wrong, tell me about it.

UK prices are higher because most UK customers are too stupid to know the
difference. If PSINet UK can get away with it, good luck to you. Make the
most of it while you can.

Ray Taylor
NMC/Adplan
We're paid to give high prices the kiss-off.